I was nominated by a couple wonderful ladies! Emma (EMMAUNDECIDED) and Sadia (SparklingBeautyBee). I answered the question from my first nomination by Emma, but I’m so honoured that a couple girls had nominated me for this. I love blogging, and I have met some incredible women online. I am so pleased to be part of such a wonderful community.
The rules include:
- Answering the nominator’s questions
- Posting 11 facts about yourself
- Creating a list of new questions for your own nominees
- Nominating bloggers for the award
Questions asked by EMMAUNDECIDED:
1. What is your favourite social media application? Why?
Other than my blog, I would have to say Instagram. There is something so intimate about pictures of people!
2. What is your favourite beauty product ever?
I would have to say my Becca Backlight Primer. It is so beautiful and glowy, and even on no makeup days, it makes the skin just glow.
3. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
My hometown, Sylvan Lake. It’s a beautiful little lakeside town in Alberta, Canada. I’d also love to experience living in a quiet little countryside town in England, or in New York, NY.
4. What is your favourite movie to watch when you are sick at home?
Honestly…I prefer watching TV shows when I’m alone. Especially when I’m sick. There’s less of a commitment, and if I fall asleep, I only miss a little bit of an episode. My favourite watch is Grey’s Anatomy.
5. What is the meaning behind the name of your blog?
I have been going through a transition the last few years, so I began a blog called “DiscoveringC”. C is my nickname and the first letter of my first name. It’s been a journey of finding myself.
6. What is the one quote you live by?
One of my favourite quotes is a song lyric from one of my dad’s lullaby’s. It says, “All that you ever dare to dream…” In fact, I have that part of the song tattooed on my foot.
7. If you could meet anyone from history, alive or dead, who would it be?
Probably E.E. Cummings. He is one of my favourite poets.
8. What is your favourite food?
This is super basic. It’s what I eat every morning for breakfast – oatmeal with a banana and chocolate protein powder.
9. If you were to give someone one piece of advice on blogging, what would it be?
Just start it – you’ll meet so many people that inspire you. Blog about what you’re passionate about. Be unapologetically yourself.
10. What is an item you cannot live without?
A little plushed dog my mom bought me when she was in the hospital battling cancer. I was 17 years old at the time, but my mom just wanted to surprise me with something when I came to visit that day, so she bought me a dog. I asked what I should name it and she said “Marvin”. So there we have it, Marvin my plushed dog. Sure enough, I still sleep with it (even though I might be too old to sleep with toys).
11. What is it that you love most about blogging?
The incredibly funny, witty, kind, selfless people I’ve met doing it.
11 Facts About Me:
- I have four tattoos, I would probably never get any more
- I have three dogs! A Chihuahua cross, an Australian Shepherd cross, and a Pitbull puppy (which is technically my boyfriends dog, but we live together).
- I love working out. It’s the best medication for anxiety I’ve ever known.
- I have three brothers.
- I am a morning person! 8 AM wake up on my days off…I love taking on the day, and being in bed by 9 PM.
- I want to travel but I’m terrified of planes.
- My favourite holiday is Christmas. My tree goes up in November.
- I don’t like to cook, even though I’m trying to teach myself to love it.
- I’m learning calligraphy.
- I love all music (except metal).
- My favourite movie is probably Stepmom. Julia Roberts AND Susan Sarandon! Sign me up.
11 Questions for my Nominees:
- What is your favourite memory of all time?
- What is one thing that you’re really passionate about?
- What do you love most about yourself? Get descriptive…I want to see some serious self love here.
- What is your biggest accomplishment?
- Do you have any pets?
- What is your favourite book?
- Where would you like to travel the most?
- What is your favourite fragrance or scent?
- What do you crave? (Sweets, salty, etc.)
- What’s your favourite beauty product?
- Where do you escape to when you need a break? (Mountains, lake, etc.
- I don’t want to put anybody on the spot by tagging them! I’ve met some great girls here though, so if any of you get the opportunity to post, please let me know, I’d love to see your answers!
- If you don’t want to do a blog post on it, please leave your answers in the comment section!
Thanks for reading xx,