I am a fragrance horder, to say the least.
I have a large collection of perfumes and on a handful of occasions, Kevin has found me in our closet smelling my favourite ones. There’s just something so intriguing about a good scent – it can make you feel relaxed, calm, confident, sexy or like the girl next door.
I thought I would put together a compilation of my five favourite perfumes.
- My favourite perfume right now has to be Black Opium by Yves Saint Laurent. It’s the newest fragrance of my collection, but it’s quickly shot it’s way to the top. You’ll notice the dark notes of coffee, it gives the scent a sexy scent perfect for night time. However, with the orange intertwined into the fragrance, it adds depth and a hint of sweetness.
- In second place comes Nirvana Black by Elizabeth and James. I think this might as well be my signature scent. It’s the most unique from all the scents I own. It smells mildly masculine, which makes me feel powerful and strong. However, the vanilla notes definitely add the feminine edge to it. This fragrance is probably best suited for the cooler months, however, I’ll likely wear it whenever I need an edge of confidence.
- Viva La Juicy Gold Couture by Juicy Couture. This scent is sweet like berries. There’s such a freshness and liveliness to this perfume, which is tangled with amber and caramel. In my opinion, it’s best suited for spring and summer (and whenever you want to feel like the girl next door.)
- Bonbon by Viktor and Rolf – Viktor and Rolf, though expensive, create a perfume like no other. Their Flowerbomb creation is one of the best sellers (unfortunately I’m not a huge floral woman.) Bonbon is a sexier take on the gourmand scents. It’s an extremely complex perfume with notes of tangerine essence, peach essence and caramel. Some may find it sickly sweet, but I do suggest it’s a perfume worth smelling when you pass it.
- Alien by Thierry Mugler – I find this perfume one of the heaviest I own. I prefer the eau de toilette over the eau de perfume, just to lighten it up a little bit. It’s flirty and mysterious and their is so much depth to this fragrance.
- My bonus perfume Hypnotic Poison by Dior – I feel like everybody has owned this perfume at some point. You know those evenings when you want to feel intriguing and passionate? This perfume does that for me. Hot date? Hypnotic Poison is the answer. I feel like it’s something that will keep people remembering you.
I would love to hear everybody’s favourites, as I’m always looking for more to add to my collection.