FIRST IMPRESSION | BORN THIS WAY

Hi everyone! I’m a little late on the bandwagon, but I wanted to share my first impression of the Too Faced Born This Way foundation.

I purchased this at Sephora for $48CAN in the shade Ivory.

I started with the Becca Backlight Filter Primer as my base. I’ve heard this foundation is a natural finish (confirmed: it is), and I like a little glow. I only set the areas of my face that I applied concealer.

PROS

• Looks natural (not cakey at all)
  • Is not oily or drying
  • Long wearing (six hours and still going strong!
  • Bronzer and blush applied well on top of it
  • Didn’t cling to dry patches

CONS

• Majority of the shades are very yellow-based, which may leave out some of our cooler-toned girls! I’m neutral and made the colour selection work
  • Rubbed off around my nose

BornThisWay

All around, I was happy with this foundation and will continue to use it. However, it’s certainly not my holy grail due to the lack of glow!

What are your favourite foundations? I’m always on the look for a new one.

Thanks for reading xx

Screen Shot 2016-02-06 at 2.36.38 PM

Advertisements

13 thoughts on “FIRST IMPRESSION | BORN THIS WAY

1. Anna.xo February 16, 2016 / 11:04 pm

My holy grail high end foundation is the Makeup Forever Ultra HD. And for drugstore, it will always be L’Oreal True Match!

Liked by 1 person

• Celina February 16, 2016 / 11:15 pm

Oh it sounds like you like similar foundations to me! I was using the MUFE foundation before trying the Too Faced and I fell in love with the L’Oreal Lumi Cushion!

Liked by 1 person

• Anna.xo February 16, 2016 / 11:22 pm

I haven’t tried the L’Oréal lumi cushion yet! I need to give that one a shot. I recently bought the Physicians Formula cushion foundation but haven’t had the chance to try it out yet

• Celina February 17, 2016 / 12:29 am

You’ll have to do a review on that one! I’m curious to see how they compare

2. Kacie February 16, 2016 / 11:06 pm

I may have to give this a try. I’ve been using a compact by Merle Norman, it’s a little cakie. Their is also one I’ve been wanting to try but Doir.

Do you do glossy box or anything like that?

• Celina February 16, 2016 / 11:18 pm

I have heard such good things about Dior foundation! As well as Chanel. I’ve never tried foundations from either brand. I have an ipsy box subscription (a little mediocre) and a luxe box subscription, which only comes once seasonally!

3. PRULICIOUS February 17, 2016 / 7:52 am

oh! I need to try this @Celina hopefully they have choices for women in colour as we turned to struggle on finding the right shade in some drug stores ..lol thank for sharing

• Celina February 17, 2016 / 1:09 pm

Oh no I hope that they have enough shades! It makes me so upset when companies do that.

Liked by 1 person

• PRULICIOUS February 17, 2016 / 1:24 pm

@Celina the do have like 4 different shade have a look at the post just uploaded a pic with different shades..its great stuff love it 🙂

• Celina February 17, 2016 / 1:46 pm

Oh my goodness that looks so good! I can never get my hands on that in Canada

• PRULICIOUS February 17, 2016 / 2:21 pm

Am sure theres a way @celena visit their web side and see whats their shipping plan x

4. aworkingbeauty February 24, 2016 / 3:21 am

Just now reading this post.. I’ve been on and off again with Born this way.. Does anyone else feel like it smells like Maple Syrup?? I dunno maybe its just my shade lol

Liked by 1 person

• Celina February 24, 2016 / 2:47 pm

Oh my goodness hahaha I certainly haven’t noticed that! It’s still definitely not a holy grail product for me by any means though

Liked by 1 person