DISAPPOINTING | PRODUCTS

I love focusing my energy on the greats and the positives, but sometimes, you just have to admit “wow this was a total fail!”

Ideally, we would love all of our products (all of the time). However, it doesn’t work out like that. So here are a few disappointing products that I’ve recently purchased.

• Tarte Parkave Princess Contour Kit: honestly, I’m not even sure why I bought this. For starters, the bronzer is much too warm to be a contour. Luckily, with a light hand, I can make it work without looking orange. However, the highlighter doesn’t show up on my skin and the blush isn’t my ideal shade. Tarte came out with a Parkave Princess 2 and it looks much more fitting.
  • L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte: Okay, so I know a few of you will be like “how didn’t she like this?!” I know it’s a lot of people’s holy grail foundations – but it transfers SO MUCH on me. Even when set with a powder, it’ll transfer all day, on everything.

DP3

• Maybelline Lash Sensational Full Fan Effect: this also transfers a lot on me! The first edition (in the pink bottle) was perfect! I love the formula on that one. However, this addition just didn’t do it for me. I have raccoon eyes within an hour. It’s unfortunate, because I love the brush and the way it makes my lashes look.

DP6

• NYX HD Concealer: this product is bizarre for me! It leaves me looking dry and cakey and immediately settles into fine lines, and just gets worse throughout the day.

DP4

• Sephora Cream Lip Stain (10): This colour is gorgeous and I anticipated it’s arrival in the mail. A lot of beauty bloggers loved this product so I thought it would be a hit. However, it bunches up on me and smears onto my teeth.

DP5

• Pixi Petra Bronzer (summertime): I thought this wasn’t bad for a little fake-summertime glow, however, everytime I wear it, my boyfriend points out that it looks cakey and grabby and uneven. A little reminder to not always let the mirror fool you.

What are some of your beauty fails – or favourites?!

Screen Shot 2016-02-06 at 2.36.38 PM

Advertisements

25 thoughts on “DISAPPOINTING | PRODUCTS

• Celina February 29, 2016 / 2:08 am

Most importantly, I love your name! But thank you for taking the time to read ☺️

Liked by 1 person

• soulpaletteblog February 29, 2016 / 2:36 am

Hey thank you!! And of course 😘😘

1. natslifee February 29, 2016 / 1:56 am

Wow! That foundation and the NYX concealer are actually some of my favs! Isn’t that so crazy how some products work for some people and not for others?!

Liked by 1 person

• Celina February 29, 2016 / 2:06 am

It is funny! I was so disappointed because I bought both because they were so raved about but my skin just didn’t like them. You don’t find the transferring with the foundation?

• natslifee February 29, 2016 / 2:32 am

No, not at all! Stays on all day and I don’t even have to touch up!

• Celina February 29, 2016 / 2:40 am

So disappointing for me but I’m glad it works for you! ☺️

2. vivaluxeglam February 29, 2016 / 2:19 am

I love that foundation. So weird…but everyone has different tastes, great post!

Liked by 1 person

• Celina February 29, 2016 / 2:21 am

I wish it worked for me! Everyone says such good things 😩

3. Love, Lieve February 29, 2016 / 2:46 am

I have the second Park Ave Princess palette and love it! The bronzer still isn’t cool enough to be a contour but I love it for adding a bit more warmth to my skin

Liked by 1 person

• Celina February 29, 2016 / 4:37 am

Oh that’s great! Do you like the blush and highlighter too?!

• Love, Lieve February 29, 2016 / 4:40 am

LOVE the highlighter! The blush I’m not too fond of, but it’s more of a preference thing… the actual formula is pretty awesome

4. Trish Uy February 29, 2016 / 7:48 am

I use the L’oreal Infallible Foundation and Pixi Bronzer and they’re actually included on my must haves. Hmm, it must have been so disappointing when you learned that it’s not working for you 😦 but great post! Only proves that it doesn’t always work to everyone. You should try Maybelline Poreless Matte Foundation.

Liked by 1 person

• Celina February 29, 2016 / 1:46 pm

I am a huge fan of the Maybelline foundation! It’s one of my favourites from the drugstore. I notice a little transferring with that as well! I seem to be one of the few that couldn’t make the L’Oreal foundation work!

5. Kacie March 1, 2016 / 12:29 am

C!! I’m so sorry I haven’t gotten to your post sooner! I agree on disappointing products! Almost most of the time … story of my life!

This was such a cute post. as far as my disappoining products for me, are moistures that make my face peal after applying my make up. 😆

I also wasn’t a fan of the new Clinique beyond prefect foundation.

Liked by 1 person

• Celina March 1, 2016 / 2:12 am

Oh I hate that! I’ve heard such mixed reviews on the Clinique foundation so I didn’t want to dive into it! Constantly looking for a perfect foundation

• Kacie March 1, 2016 / 1:32 pm

Meee too!!!

6. FREAK IN THE SHEETS March 2, 2016 / 1:27 am

The foundation didn’t work for me, either. It is strange how it does for some but not everyone. Can I ask where I can find NYX products? I am on a hunt for one of their matte lipsticks.

• Celina March 2, 2016 / 1:36 am

I’m from Canada and I get mine from Shoppers! I know for USA, Ulta and Target sell it. Online is always an option too!

• FREAK IN THE SHEETS March 2, 2016 / 1:38 am

Perfect! I was looking at Walmart, so Target it is! Thank-you!

• Celina March 2, 2016 / 1:44 am

My pleasure ☺️

7. beautifulbedlamblog March 4, 2016 / 10:32 am

I totally agree with the Infallible matte foundation, it just didn’t cut it for me. But I absolutely adore the park avenue princess palette! It’s an all time fave. Funny how different it can be for different people 🙂 x

• Celina March 4, 2016 / 3:14 pm

I honestly thought I was alone with the Infallible foundation! Thanks for reading 💜

Liked by 1 person