2016 was a treacherous year for me. I left my live-in boyfriend…with that, came leaving my home, and one of my dogs. 2017 hit, and I was ready to start a new year leading with forgiveness, though I was still healing from my broken heart. All I asked out of 2017 was for it to hold more beginnings than it did endings.
Oh, did it ever. In 2017, I found myself in a new relationship (despite my constant urge to fight it during the first half of the year). I met men while I was single (So. Many. Men.) – each of which, came with a brilliant story, and an even better lesson. I began a new job, which both fit me and challenged me more than any of my previous positions. And lastly, I welcomed a new puppy back into the family – finally balancing my fur-children count back up to three.
2016 was excruciating, but it propelled so much growth. Now that everything has levelled back out over the past year, what goals do I want to head into 2018 with?
- Success. Now that I’ve learned my lessons from my single year, and now that my heart has healed, I want to base my focus around being successful. In both my career and my writing. I hope to find clarity in my direction.
- Write, write, write, write, WRITE.
- Financial stability. Okay…Rome wasn’t built in a day so I guess it might take longer than 365 days to achieve this. But, a girl can dream.
- Growth. 2016 was a year of growth, 2017 was a year of coasting and letting life happen TO me. In 2018, I want to strive toward growth (preferably without the broken heart this time).
- Read. Just get lost in a good book…or ten over the year.
- Lead with understanding instead of judgement.
What are your New Years resolutions? I wish you all the very best year.