I love focusing my energy on the greats and the positives, but sometimes, you just have to admit “wow this was a total fail!”
Ideally, we would love all of our products (all of the time). However, it doesn’t work out like that. So here are a few disappointing products that I’ve recently purchased.
- Tarte Parkave Princess Contour Kit: honestly, I’m not even sure why I bought this. For starters, the bronzer is much too warm to be a contour. Luckily, with a light hand, I can make it work without looking orange. However, the highlighter doesn’t show up on my skin and the blush isn’t my ideal shade. Tarte came out with a Parkave Princess 2 and it looks much more fitting.
- L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte: Okay, so I know a few of you will be like “how didn’t she like this?!” I know it’s a lot of people’s holy grail foundations – but it transfers SO MUCH on me. Even when set with a powder, it’ll transfer all day, on everything.
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Full Fan Effect: this also transfers a lot on me! The first edition (in the pink bottle) was perfect! I love the formula on that one. However, this addition just didn’t do it for me. I have raccoon eyes within an hour. It’s unfortunate, because I love the brush and the way it makes my lashes look.
- NYX HD Concealer: this product is bizarre for me! It leaves me looking dry and cakey and immediately settles into fine lines, and just gets worse throughout the day.
- Sephora Cream Lip Stain (10): This colour is gorgeous and I anticipated it’s arrival in the mail. A lot of beauty bloggers loved this product so I thought it would be a hit. However, it bunches up on me and smears onto my teeth.
- Pixi Petra Bronzer (summertime): I thought this wasn’t bad for a little fake-summertime glow, however, everytime I wear it, my boyfriend points out that it looks cakey and grabby and uneven. A little reminder to not always let the mirror fool you.
What are some of your beauty fails – or favourites?!