I am curled up on my couch with a cup of chai tea, my pumpkin candle lit, and my heated blanket on. Fall has officially hit in Canada and I am cozy as can be…with my little movie schedule leading up until Halloween.
I can’t be the only Canadian 90’s gal that fondly remembers the both the kid-friendly Halloween flicks and the bone-chilling, 80’s-90’s horror films that lit up my entire October attitude. So here we go with a mix of the nostalgic family movies, all the way up a couple adult horrors that will really remind you that it’s not summer anymore (kind of a horror in itself).
- Halloweentown – please PLEASE tell me that you remember the adventures of sweet little Marnie and her kookie (AKA batshit crazy) witch grandmother (AKA DEBBIE REYNOLDS – PREACH)! Ahhh this is a classic. If you’re going to watch anything this fall, make it Halloweentown (BONUS: it’s ultra kid friendly and BRILLIANT).
- Hocus Pocus – okay this just speaks for itself. Watching Sarah Jessica Parker go boy crazy as a witch is just too good (even though I’m still a die-hard for watching her go boy-crazy in a pink tu-tu alongside Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda).
- Halloween – Michael Myers. Halloween night on 1963. Inability to sleep for weeks. SIGN. ME. UP.
- Friday the 13th – Okay this is just a given following Halloween. You have to really dive in to the best slasher films before 2000.
- Scream – In the way of horror movies, I see this a classic. So cheesy. So scary. With a cameo of young Drew Barrymore.
What are your Halloween must-watch movies?
With love and gore,