With 2016 ending and the holiday festivities winding down, I’ve finally had some time to reflect on how I want to grow this year. I figured I would share my five resolutions for 2017.
- In 2017, I want to commit to loving myself. As a dieter, who trains similarly to those who compete in bodybuilding competitions, I often criticize myself for weight gained here and there. I want to love myself at any size.
- Learn to leave relationships that no longer serve me. I deserve the respect I give other people. Love myself enough to demand love back.
- As previously stated, I’m already pretty fit. I’m comfortable in the gym, and have been for about 6-7 years now. However, I would like to add different workouts into my fitness routine (yoga, bootcamps, running, etc.) I want to constantly feel challenged instead of always being stagnant in my current routine.
- I always actively try to be kind to others. This year, I want to try and abolish my opinions and make an active effort to always come from a place of understanding and love.
- Continue to have an open mind to the universe and the world around me. Continue to read and fuel myself with information in an attempt to become awakened.
- Continue to excel in my schoolwork, but mostly write. I want to commit to this talent of mine and really give it my all.
- Forgive others. This is my most important resolution. After painfully leaving a trying relationship, I often find myself with aftershock anger. I want to forgive this broken bridge, as well as any other people that I am harbouring unnecessary anger towards.
- Forgive myself. Forgive myself for outgrowing my relationship. Forgive myself for not allowing myself to stay in my relationship. Forgive myself for hurting when I needed to hurt.
Happy New Year, everyone! What are your 2017 resolutions?!
I am sending you all of my love and positive energy going into this new year.